Thursday, March 13, 2014

Kara's Carats of Carrots

I don't know what made me purchase a bag of carrots the last time I was at Costco, but I did!  So now I have a 5 lb. bag of carrots to split between my son and I!  That's a lot of carrots.  I hate to waste food, but if we attempt to go through them all, I believe our skin would look a little orange - even though he is a shade of milk chocolate and I am a caramel shade.


All jokes aside, I decided to look for some clean carrot recipes that were also high in protein.  My first recipe was a batch of High Protein Carrot Cake Muffins.  I thought, if they were tasty, they would be perfect for grab and go breakfast or snacks.

So I found this recipe at: http://nicsnutrition.com/recipe/carrot-cake-protein-muffin-recipe/.  I already had shredded a lot of carrots, so that step was complete.  Luckily I keep most of the ingredients it calls for on hand so I only needed to shop for Stevia.  I'm not a big fan of sweets lately, so I don't keep much sweet stuff around.


After grabbing prepping all the ingredients I was set to go.  This recipe was super easy to make, so I was happy for that.  There's nothing worse than a difficult recipe because you are guaranteed not to make it again!  I mixed the dry and wet ingredients quickly.


Then I mixed them all together in the bowl and added them to my muffin tins.  Super simple!


I placed them in my preheated oven of 180 degrees!  Yes, it is only 180 degrees.  I'm knew to cooking with protein powder, but I'm guessing that is the reason for it.  I set the timer to 25 minutes.


Voila!  25 minutes later, I check them out and they didn't seem to be quite ready.  I let them stay in for 6 more minutes, and then another 6 minutes because I wasn't quite sure.  Finally!


The finished product!  So how did they taste?  Well, they weren't terrible.  Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not a big fan of sweets and the Stevia taste was a bit much for me.  However, they're decent enough for a quick meal.  For my 21 Day Fix eating, 2 muffins are 1 Red, 1 Yellow and 1 Green.

I'm definitely looking for some more carrot recipes.  If you have any suggestions for me, please leave them in the comments.  Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment