Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Mini Veggie Egg Cups


I've been inspired by a new round of the 21 Day Fix and viewing posts and videos from the program's creator, Autumn Calabrese to create more recipes for my "Fixers."  This recipe is simple and easy and came straight from the 21 Day Fix Extreme Eating Plan booklet.  I whisked up 2 batches and put one in the freezer.



I have included the recipe below and some pictures from when I made it.  At the very bottom I have added a link to a video Autumn created while making these egg cups.  I consider cooking an art and just like any form of art, the interpretation of the recipe is truly in the eye of the chef.  You will  see that we took slightly different paths, so do what works and is easiest for you.

Ingredients:


  • Non-stick cooking spray
  • Reynolds Aluminum Foil Jumbo Muffin cups (optional, you don't even have to use Reynolds, but just make sure the paper liner can be removed.) 
  • 12 large eggs
  • sea salt of Himalayan salt (Mineralize) and ground black pepper to taste
  • Oregano, Basil and/or Marjoram to taste (this isn't in the recipe but I love any one or all of these spices in my eggs!)
  • 1 10-oz. bag raw baby spinach finely chopped (I made a double recipe and had a hard time utilizing 2.5 5-oz. bags, so do your best)  
  • 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 2 green onions finely sliced



Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Lightly coat a 12 cup muffin tin with spray.  (I prefer to use the Reynolds Aluminum Foil Jumbo muffin cups with this inner paper removed because I strongly dislike washing more dishes than necessary and I really don't want to get inside 12 or 24 muffin tins to catch what got stuck.  Spray the baking cups just like you would the pan and don't forget to remove it when reheating in the microwave.)
  3. Place eggs in a bowl and whisk to blend.  Add in seasonings, if desired and stir.
  4. Chop veggies and add them to the whisked eggs.  Mix completely.
  5. Spoon egg mixture into tins evenly.
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out cleanly from the center.









Servings:
2 muffin cups is 1 GREEN and 1 RED.

These will last ~1 week in your refrigerator.  They can also be frozen.  Check out Hatch Green Chile Extravaganza for more muffin cup ideas. 


Check out Autumn's video too! http://www.teambeachbody.com/teambeachbodyblog/nutrition/recipes/mini-vegetable-egg-cups

No comments:

Post a Comment