Cold weather causes me to crave soup. Now that Fall is is full effect and the weather is starting to get a little cooler I want to perfect a few soup recipes to ensure I stay on track when I'm hiding under a few layers..
Right now in Texas, where I live, the cooler temps just means the outdoors are starting to become enjoyable again. I won't need to start bundling up for at least another month. But for my mom, who lives is in Colorado where I grew up, the outdoor temperatures are beginning to get down right chilly. Especially in the morning and evening. People start pulling out their layers to deal with the wide range of temperatures throughout the day.
Regardless of where you live, as temperatures start to drop, nothing warms you better than a delicious bowl of soup! Sure, nothing warms you like a tasty mug of hot cocoa, but hot cocoa is simply a treat, not a meal. This tasty nutrient rich soup will warm your soul and keep you on track during the fall and winter months.
EZ FIX Chicken - Sweet Potato - Kale Soup
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 C Cubed Cooked Chicken breast (I doubled my Green Chile chicken and added the 2nd batch to the soup)
- 1 Large sweet potato, cubed
- 3 C Kale chopped
- 4 C Chicken Broth
- 4 C Water
- 1 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Marjoram
- 2 tsp. Thyme
- ½ tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Cook onions in olive oil in a large stock pot.. ( I used a crock pot on low overnight for this batch)
- Add remaining ingredients
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and Cook until potatoes are tender.
Pour 2 Cups in your favorite soup bowl or mug and ENJOY!
FIX proportions: 2 Cups = 1 Red, 2 Green, ½ Yellow, 1 ½ teaspoons