|Green Chile Pork Taco w/ Coleslaw|
|Pork for team dinner|
I first started out making a couple batches of Hatch Chile Pulled Pork in the Ninja. The first batch was for my son's high school football team dinner. It was so tasty and involved nearly zero prep, but I was a little sad that all of it was left with the team. I really didn't expect the 9 pound pork shoulder to make it back home but I hoped it would.
|Roasting chiles (plus red peppers)|
As I share this delicious simple recipe with you, heed my warning. Commit the seasonings to memory as this will become a weekly or bi-weekly staple in your house. It is that SIMPLE and SO TASTY!
If you don't have hatch chiles available or want to save more time, grab 2 7 oz. cans of diced green chiles. Total prep time with already roasted and peeled chiles is less than 10 minutes.
FIX n' Shred Hatch Green Chile Chicken
- 1 Ninja (recommended) or crock pot
- 3 pounds Chicken breast (can put in frozen)
- 1 Onion, sliced thin
- 3/4 C Pureed Roasted Hatch Green Chiles, peeled and seeded. (~8-9 fresh chiles)
- 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cumin
- 1/2 Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Dried Sage
- 1 Hand Mixer
- Place the onions in the pot
- Top with chicken
- Top the chicken with green chiles and spices
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Shred with hand mixer on low setting.
|Night 1 Dinner|
Add to corn tortillas with coleslaw for tacos, mix in soup, serve on top of salad or with veggies. The first night I enjoyed with faux garlic mashed potatoes and green beans for a super delicious dinner.
FIX proportions: 1 Red.