Me! Me! Me! Especially if the fish is broiled and the fries are made from carrots. Not only is this meal much healthier than the fried version, it is also much quicker to prepare and much quicker to clean up.
So tell me... are you a "Fish n' Fry" person or a "Fish n' Chip" person? If you're a 'fish n' chipper', you can easily switch out the carrot sticks for carrot coins.
I hope this recipe saves your dinner by letting it be known that you can have fish n' fries (or fish n' chips) when eating healthy, regardless of what you like to call them.
- 2 baking sheets lined with foil
- 1 1/2 pounds catfish nuggets
- 1 pound carrot sticks (~3 C)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt in a small bowl
- Place carrot stick in a bowl and toss with the olive oil and 1/3 (~1 Tablespoon) of the seasoning mix.
- Place carrot mixture on 1st baking sheet
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until carrot stick are tender and start to crisp
- While the carrot sticks are baking, toss the catfish nuggets with the remaining seasoning. Mix well.
- Add fish mixture to the 2nd baking sheet.
- When carrot sticks are finished, turn on the oven broiler.
- Place fish in broiler for 10 minutes, turning at minute 6.
Servings: 4 - 1 Red & 1 Green