The base for this recipe came from: http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/slow-cooker-pumpkin-coconut-curry/. I used my Ninja, so I could only clean one dish because I do not enjoy dishes one bit! Plus, for some reason, I do not prefer meat cooked in a slow cooker. It must be cooked ahead of time and added to it. Don't ask how I can tell, but I guess my taste buds are pretty picky.
This recipe was actually quite easy, but finding some of the spices were a bit tricky. I ended up finding everything at Sprouts Farmer's Market. I'm sure Whole Foods will carry them too, especially if there is not an Indian grocery in your area.
Fix Approved Ninja-Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Chicken Curry
- 2 blue containers of coconut milk (you can opt to do 4, but I never like to use up all of my blue unless I'm making pizza)
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 C chicken stock/broth
- 1/2 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 C 1-inch cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cook chicken over medium heat until lightly browned. (Transfer to slow cooker, if not using a Ninja)
- Add coconut milk, pumpkin puree, chicken stock, curry powder, tumeric powder, garam masala, salt, and pepper. Whisk together to make sure its all combined and spices are evenly distibuted.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes and lime juice to the mixture and stir.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over rice, quinoa (or cauliflower rice as I have shown, to add another green, over another yellow)
Servings: About 1 1/4 C is 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green and 1/2 Blue. When served with cauliflower rice you add 1 more Green.